Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out the Prefect Blog for the results of the Springtime Writing Event!
  • Stop by the Wizarding Universiade sub-forum to mini-game your House to HC victory!
  • The Crazies' Café is open for JulNo!
Sign in to follow this  
Chayenne

Nice to meet ya!

Chayenne

Hi there!

My name is Jen, I'm 22 years old (23 in about 16 days) and I'm from The Netherlands. I decided to use my 2012 forum username because I'm too lazy to think of anything else. You can call me whatever, I listen to both :)

I've been writing for 8 years now. I've mostly written fanfiction in Dutch, but in recent years I've started writing in English more. I've been working on an original story for quite a long time now (i'm not a very regular writer not gonna lie) and I've done some Dutch RP writing for a little while. And now I'm here!

Even though I don't necessarily write an awful lot of Harry Potter fanfiction, I do love this franchise with all my heart. I'm a really proud Hufflepuff with Slytherin tendencies. My favorite characters are Draco (the malfoy / black family in general tbh), the Weasley twins and the Marauders in no particular order. I'm not really into the Fantastic Beast area, because the films disappoint me a little. I live for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Scorbus is my true OTP and I love Scorpius and Albus both so much. If you're ever going to see anything Harry Potter from me, now you know what to expect.

Besides Harry Potter, I'm into so many things I can't possibly list them all. Danganronpa has been one of my favorite franchises for the past 8 years, so I guess that's one that stuck. It's a Japanse game franchise that's quite,,, something (it's Hungergames like, but darker. Be warned). I'm currently working on a fic based of it, hence the Kokichi in my profile & signature :)

I'm also a big MCU fan, love listening to Panic at the Disco, All Time Low, Twenty One Pilots and various musical soundtracks. I'm sure I'm missing about 100 more things that I love. I'm currently watching The Umbrella Academy season two episode seven while typing out this introduction, so that's another thing I love. I love going to conventions & concerts as well. I think there's nothing quite like it.

In normal everyday - not fangirl - life, I'm a visual design student about to begin her graduation year. I love creating things with meaning behind them and hope I can make this passion my job one day. Hobbies besides writing are drawing, journalling, inline skating and anything that can improve me as a designer. I'm one of those people who likes studying, so I'm always busy with something.

This was quite an introduction. I was never good in keeping it short. Anyway, thank you for reading it and I'm excited to start writing! Let me know if you have any more questions about me or my writing or if you want to fangirl about any of the things I like!

(Oh btw you can thank @Ineke for me being here I guess.)

Xx

• Like 5

magemadi

Welcome to HPFT!! I'm Madi, one of the Ravenclaw Prefects, so if you have questions about the site I'm more than happy to answer them. ^_^ 

I am also a *huge* Panic! at the Disco fan and have been lucky enough to se them in convert a few times over the years! I'm curious by what a visual design degree is in the Netherlands because I think we call it something different in the US so my brain isn't making the connection. 

Chayenne
17 hours ago, magemadi said:

Welcome to HPFT!! I'm Madi, one of the Ravenclaw Prefects, so if you have questions about the site I'm more than happy to answer them. ^_^ 

I am also a *huge* Panic! at the Disco fan and have been lucky enough to se them in convert a few times over the years! I'm curious by what a visual design degree is in the Netherlands because I think we call it something different in the US so my brain isn't making the connection. 

Hi! I will keep that in mind thank you ^_^

I love Panic! They give some of my favorite concerts ever! I never miss out on an opportunity to see them live unless I absolutely have to.

The formal name of my bachelor is Communication & Multimedia Design, but you might have heard of Graphic Design? It's kind of the same thing. There are some tiny differences. My study focusses a lot on interactive digital products, innovation, focussing on the target audience etc :). We have Graphic Design in The Netherlands as well, but to this day im not really sure what the difference is, apart from the fact that those bachelor degrees are usually provided by art schools and I'm not in an art school. I'm basically making a lot of websites, mobile applications, branding things like logo's and stuff, it's pretty fun!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this