Welcome to FanficTalk

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in events, challenges, discussions, and review swaps - or even just play games!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

FanficTalk has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • we're very excited to announce our new name: fanfictalk!
  • welcome to the new house cup year!
  • jump into the prefects' game of battleship!
la_topolina

Personality Quizzes

la_topolina

I know I'm not the only one who likes taking Personality tests. I don't know why, I guess there is something fun about being seen, even if it's just a test on the internet. 

The best one I've taken lately is an online version of the Myers-Briggs test over at 16 personalities+(M in case) My husband and I both actually took this test, and I have a writer friend who runs all of her characters through the test to make sure she depicts them consistently (she is very organized).

I'm an ENFP, or the Campaigner. Campaigners are free spirits and good at getting people excited (yay!) and they are sometimes bad at finishing what they start and the HATE routine (not so yay). My husband is an INTJ, the Mastermind, and the "best match" for an ENFP (think Darcy and Elizabeth, it's precious). INTJs often get depicted as villains in literature, and a lot of my literary crushes are on INTJs. 

What's your type? What other fun personality quizzes have you found?

• Like 1

RogueSlytherin

This is such a fun idea for a thread! I feel like I've taken the Myers-Briggs, but I can't remember what I scored.  

A similar test is the Enneagram. I'm an '8' which is the challenger. I externalize my emotions, have trouble trusting people and ideas that aren't mine, and have a talk style that many would consider blunt and direct. I've been told I make a pretty intimidating first impression, but once you spend twenty minutes with me you realize I'm a mama bear and my tough exterior is there to protect others not offend them. 

One of my favorite tests is The Adobe Creative Types. I'm apparently a 'visionary,' I see the impossible and spot potential everywhere. Sort of rooted in possibilities rather than seeing tasks through (which is so accurate it hurts says the pile of unfinished stories in my GoogleDocs).

• Like 2

VaguelyCreativeName

Ooh I love personality tests, even if they're not always necessarily accurate/in any way scientific, haha!

According to the Myers-Briggs, I'm an INFP (or mediator, in this one) which I have gotten fairly consistently, and the Creative Types (which has such a visually stimulating interface!) I'm a dreamer! I  do see myself in both of those to some extent, and the descriptions for those are pretty similar - I'm definitely an idealist, and I do always think the best of people! I also tend to look for, or even just stumble upon, metaphors so I feel like that definitely checks out!
I also see a fair bit of myself in the 'downsides' - I tend to dream about creating a lot more than I actually create, and I also have a habit of isolating myself and going into hermit mode!

Edited by VaguelyCreativeName
  • Like 1

Hawksquill

I agree that personality tests are super fun to take even though they're not particularly scientifically rigorous, haha 😛

I've taken the Meyers Briggs probably 7-8 times throughout my life starting in a high school AP psych class and every single time I've gotten INFJ, which is apparently the rarest type!  INFJ is considered the "advocate" or the "counselor" or people who are deeply moral and enjoy helping others but also deeply introverted.  I feel really connected to this and honestly I've struggled with these conflicting parts of myself in the past - I feel so strongly about so many ethical issues but I prefer working behind the scenes, doing the sort of grinding work that doesn't often get noticed or that people don't see as being related to ethics/politics/morality.  It can be frustrating to feel like I don't have the right personality to do the work that I feel is most important (or I guess most prestigious), but I've accepted a long time ago that I would be really unhappy trying to be something that I'm not.  

I'm also really sensitive and I think pretty emotionally intelligent and intuitive so honestly I think INTJ fits me to a t!  

• Like 1

Recent Badges

Ameripuff

Like Noelle, I'm also an ENFP - married to an ISTJ.  I think of the scene from Austin Powers where he tells Mini-me that "'you complete me".  She really does.  She's organized, focused, thinks (worries) about everything, and is generally skeptical.  (She's a Ravenclaw).   I am the idealistic nincompoop who wants to trust everybody and doesn't plan for anything...ever.  But no matter what we're doing, one of us is always good/terrible at it, which makes us a pretty good team.  

I'm curious to find out where our two kids would fall...but my guess is that my oldest is more like my wife and my youngest is the goofball - so more like me.

• Like 1

prideofprewett

@VaguelyCreativeName, I'm also and INFP! Whoop whoop! I feel like it's very accurate given I work in HR. I often am trying to find the happy middle of pleasing people while also sticking to the rules. I don't think my husband's ever taken a Meyer's Briggs test, but I would venture a guess that he's definitely an extrovert. I also thought there was something wrong with me for the longest time for being so tired and needing my alone time to rest and recharge. My Mom always called it "being lazy," and I tended to believe that this was what I was. But then when I discovered what introverted versus extroverted was, we both had a learning experience about one another, which was great. 

• Like 2

Hufflepuffbookworm1990

I’m an INFP and a Dreamer. For the Enneagram, I’m a type 9.

Raspberry_cordelia

I always get different answers for MBTI - I've tried multiple tests, actually looking at the cognitive functions, etc.  and for some reason I never figure out a cohesive answer!  That being said, I think I'm somewhere in between the ENFP and ENFJ area?  Or maybe ESFJ.  All I know is that I'm probably an ExFx, which describes me pretty well.  Honestly I'm not sure!  For the enneagram, I'm pretty sure I'm a 2w3, which is "the host".  The description pretty much fits me to a tee, although lately I've been wondering if I'm not more of a 2w1.