Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • The Crazies' Cafe is open for Camp NaNo participants - stop in and check it out!
  • Make sure you get your entries to the prefects' writing challenge by April 10th!
  • Make sure you get your collab entries in by March 31!
victoria_anne

victoria_anne's reviews

Sleepingbagonthesofa

Hey Bianca! I'm stopping by with the first chapter of my new novel if you don't mind ? 

Story and Author Name, including link: Revival (M)
Warnings and Advisories: Derogatory Language, Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse
Genre: Romance, Drama, Humor 
Length: Novel, 2400 words (One chapter so far) 
Summary: There are three sides to this story: Yours, mine and the one they'll print in The Prophet."

A drama-free Seventh Year would have been nice, I guess I'm not that lucky.

Ships: Louis/OC, James/OC 
Areas of Concern (if any): Just first impressions of the story and the introduction to the OC really or any other thoughts you might have ?

• Like 1

Recent Badges

quill2parchment

B, 

I finally have a new chapter up and you already know I need your sage advice and wisdom ❤️

Story and Author Name, including link: In This Darkness by quill2parchment

https://harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?psid=337709&showRestricted
Warnings and Advisories: M
Genre: Next-Gen
Length: 6467
Summary: 
Ships: Lily/OC
Areas of Concern (if any): Eh, so many! First of all, I want to know if it flows well. There were so many things I wanted to fit in, I'm afraid it sounds rather choppy. Also, any thoughts on plot development, character development, etc. And anything else you can think of lol 

Thank you sooooo much!

Quilly

• Like 1

Finefrenzy__

Snagged :)

Story and Author Name, including link: Golden Girl (M) by Finefrenzy__
Warnings and Advisories:  Consent Issues (Severe), Derogatory Language, Eating Disorders, Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence
Genre: Angst, Drama, Romance
Length: 3795 words (2 chapters)
Summary: We are a generation defined by the expectations laid upon us.
Ships: Albus/OC
Areas of Concern: I'd like some feedback on the general flow of the story, as well as characterization. I also feel like I need to work on balancing dialogue and description, so any pointers on that would be great.

• Like 1

Aphoride

Story and Author Name, including link: six segments of a satsuma. by Aphoride
Warnings and Advisories: None 
Genre: Fluff, Romance, Hurt/Comfort
Length: One-shot (5k)
Summary: 

Sunshine on white-blond hair,
Banks of tall, pointed pine,
A long walk once,
And your hand in mine. 

Ships: Scorpius Malfoy/Louis Weasley, background Draco/Astoria
Areas of Concern: So this is kinda experimental (I say that about everything, omigosh, but I do kinda mean it about this one?), especially in terms of the style and the grammar choices (how I wrote the dialogue in and stuff), so I'd love to know if it works - or what works and what doesn't - what you think of the characters, of the feel of it, and how you think it does at connecting - though, I admit, tenuously - to the quote. Anything else you wanna comment on is good too ;) 

Thank you in advance! :wub: 

Sleepingbagonthesofa

B I'm back with the second chapter if you don't mind? ? 

On 9/16/2018 at 12:33 PM, Sleepingbagonthesofa said:

Story and Author Name, including link: Revival (M)
Warnings and Advisories: Derogatory Language, Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse
Genre: Romance, Drama, Humor 
Length: Novel, 7026 (two characters) 
Summary: There are three sides to this story: Yours, mine and the one they'll print in The Prophet."

A drama-free Seventh Year would have been nice, I guess I'm not that lucky.

Ships: Louis/OC, James/OC 

Areas of Concern (if any): all I want is your opinions and insite ☺️ I've kicked off quite a few plot lines in this chapter so your thoughts on how they read or what might be coming would be really appreciated! 

Recent Badges

quill2parchment
On 9/21/2018 at 9:21 AM, quill2parchment said:

B!

I couldn't post a new chapter up without asking you for feedback! ❤️ 

On 9/21/2018 at 9:21 AM, quill2parchment said:

Story and Author Name, including link: In This Darkness by quill2parchment

https://harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?psid=337709&showRestricted
Warnings and Advisories: M
Genre: Next-Gen
Length: 6467
Summary: 
Ships: Lily/OC
Areas of Concern (if any): 
Just thoughts in general lol

• Like 1

victoria_anne

These are all done, woop ^_^ 

starbuck

:ninjavanish:

Story Name, Author, and Rated Link: Nuclear Love (m)

Warnings and Advisories: consent issues (mild/moderate), sexual content, substance abuse

Genre:  angst, drama, hurt/comfort, romance

Ships:  Astoria Greengrass/Draco Malfoy

Length:  8244 words

Summary:    

I feel alive for the first time in months. - Astoria Greengrass

Areas of Concern: mostly your thoughts? astoria's characterisation and the progression of the relationship between her and draco?

Crimson Quill

Story and Author Name, including link: Warpaint - Chapter 2 by Crimson Quill
Warnings and Advisories:  Derogatory Language, Eating Disorders, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse
Genre: Angst, Drama, Fluff, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Length: 3904 words (Chapter 2)
Summary: 

Bee is returning to Hogwarts after a tragic event that changes her outlook on her life at the top of the social ladder.

Albus is at the bottom of that ladder but unsuspectedly someone is there who helps him see his worth.

Ships: Albus/OC , JSP/OC
Areas of Concern (if any): I suppose just general thoughts? :) 

MrsDarcy

Story and Author Name, including link: Tainted (M) by MrsDarcy
Warnings and Advisories: derogatory language, hate speech, sexual content, substance abuse, violence 
Genreaction/adventure, dark, romance 
Length: 50k+
Summary: 

An exploration of the life and death of Regulus Arcturus Black in the final months leading up to his valiant treachery

Featuring: the devoted house-elf Kreacher, the Death Eater and soccer-mum Fau MacNair, the scrupulous businessman Hannibal Borgin, and, his apprentice, the enigmatic witch Alma Pierce

Ships: Regulus/OC
Areas of Concern (if any): just your thoughts ^_^

Bunbury

Hey! Here to snag a slot for my WIP, Inheritance ^_^

Story and Author Name, including link: Inheritance [M] by Bunbury

Warnings and Advisories: Derogatory Language, Domestic Abuse, Hate Speech, Violence

Genre: Mystery, Horror, Romance, Humour

Length: 12,000 words so far (projected to be 50,000+)

Summary: Phaedra Morley leads a quiet, private life, working at a Diagon Alley apothecary and looking after her infirm mother. But Phaedra has a secret, and now she must retrace her father's footsteps through the Dark Arts and find out what he was working on when he disappeared in the wake of Voldemort's fall. Along the way she enlists the help of a feckless bookseller and -- much to his displeasure -- Severus Snape. A story of death, madness, haunted houses, true friends, and Cockroach Clusters. 

Ships: OC/Snape

Areas of Concern (if any): Just your thoughts! Did you find it interesting? How did you feel about the characters? What were your favourite/least favourite things? Or anything :) 

Noelle Zingarella

Hello there, I don't think we've met yet. I'm Noelle and I'd love to hear your thoughts on my WIP if you wouldn't mind.

Story, Author Name, and Link: Moonlight (M)

Fandom: Harry Potter

Warnings/Advisories: Consent Issues (Mild/Moderate), Derogatory Language, Domestic Abuse, Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Spoilers, Substance Abuse, Violence 
 Genre: Action/Adventure, Angst, Romance
Length: Novel (currently at 57945 words)
Summary: A Comedy of Errors about an Unstoppable Force meeting an Immovable Object. Miranda Rose had always enjoyed more than her share of good luck, which served her well in avoiding the consequences of her frequently impulsive behavior. However, when her penchant for risk-taking leads her into into the middle of a war—and an entanglement with the enigmatic Severus Snape—her luck may not be enough to save her.
Areas of Concern: Just your thoughts ?

Recent Badges

starbuck

i've loved your review on nuclear love so i'm here with another story :ninjavanish:

Story, Author Name, and Link: if i had a heart by starbuck
Warnings/Advisories: violence
Genre: action/adventure, crime/mystery, dark/horror
Length: 1427 words (one shot)
Main Characters: OC
Ships: none
Summary:

Each year, I remember.

And each year I feel nothing.

Areas of Concern: general thoughts and just like....the MC was very hard to write so.... :hmm:

Bunbury
On 4/5/2019 at 12:00 AM, Bunbury said:

Hey Bianca! I was just re-reading your review of Chapter 1 today and getting overly excited, and I was wondering if I could come back for Chapter 2? 

Story and Author Name, including link: Inheritance [M] by Bunbury

Warnings and Advisories: Derogatory Language, Domestic Abuse, Hate Speech, Violence

Genre: Mystery, Horror, Romance, Humour

Length: 12,000 words so far (projected to be 50,000+)

Summary: Phaedra Morley leads a quiet, private life, working at a Diagon Alley apothecary and looking after her infirm mother. But Phaedra has a secret, and now she must retrace her father's footsteps through the Dark Arts and find out what he was working on when he disappeared in the wake of Voldemort's fall. Along the way she enlists the help of a feckless bookseller and -- much to his displeasure -- Severus Snape. A story of death, madness, haunted houses, true friends, and Cockroach Clusters. 

Ships: OC/Snape

Areas of Concern (if any): Again, just your thoughts! But especially -- how do you feel about Hector? :loveshower:

victoria_anne

Yay! I just have some assignments due, and then I'll get on these! ^_^ 

Noelle Zingarella

Hi there! If you have one more slot, would you check out another chapter of what's turning into an Apologetic for Snape? I'd love to know what you think of my OC (and anything else). 

Story, Author Name, and Link: Moonlight (M) by Noelle Zingarella Chapter 2

Fandom: Harry Potter

Warnings/Advisories: Consent Issues (Mild/Moderate), Derogatory Language, Domestic Abuse, Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Spoilers, Substance Abuse, Violence 
 Genre: Action/Adventure, Angst, Humor, Romance
Length: Novel (currently at 57945 words)
Summary: A Comedy of Errors about an Unstoppable Force meeting an Immovable Object. Miranda Rose had always enjoyed more than her share of good luck, which served her well in avoiding the consequences of her frequently impulsive behavior. However, when her penchant for risk-taking leads her into into the middle of a war—and an entanglement with the enigmatic Severus Snape—her luck may not be enough to save her.
Areas of Concern: Just your thoughts!

Recent Badges

starbuck
On 4/11/2019 at 9:36 PM, starbuck said:

Story, Author Name, and Link:  lionheart by starbuck

Warnings/Advisories: violence
Genre: action/adventure,angst, dark/horror
Length: 1343 words (one shot)
Main Characters: astoria greengrass
Ships: none
Summary:

I was never a craven. And I was always wilful.

Areas of Concern: general thoughts :)

yes..i'm back 😛 this is a prequel to nuclear love :ninjavanish:

Edited by starbuck

Aphoride

Story and Author Name, including link: Der Traumfaeger by Aphoride
Warnings and Advisories: None 
Genre: Angst, Drama, Romance
Length: One-shot (2.5k)
Summary: 

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live. 

In 1924, Albus buys a dreamcatcher in San Francisco. 

Ships: Albus/Gellert
Areas of Concern: This is the first thing in a loooong time that I've written which has a limited word count (limited to 2.5k, by External Forces, lol), so I'm wondering if it feels completed and like it fits within the word count limit? Does the dreamwalking concept come across well enough or is it too vague? What do you think of the plot (well, what there is of it :P) and the concept in general? Also, any thoughts you have on the characters/relationship/writing in general is brilliant too ^_^ 

Thank you in advance! ❤️