Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Check out this month's House Cup activity!
  • Where can you find Dumbledore’s Army?
  • Up his sleevy.
victoria_anne

victoria_anne's reviews

victoria_anne

All done! ^_^ (and so is my assignment, yay!)

• Like 1

something wicked

Hiiieeee B!! I’m here with my new one and I would love if you could take a look at it? ❤️

Story and Author Name, including link: Not Without Ambition by Sleepingbagonthesofa

Warnings and Advisories: Mature (Derogatory Language, Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence)

Genre: Horror/Dark, Romance, Angst, Crime/Mystery

Length: Novel - One Chapter so far

Summary: 

There's blood on my hands and his voice is in my ear, I look into the mirror and for the first time a monster looks back.

Tatiana Dolohov would have everything she had ever wanted. She would make sure of it.

Ships: Tom Riddle/OC (well, you know... sortof) OC/OC

Areas of Concern:  So the tone for this one is a little darker and a bit more intense than I’ve done before, any notes on how that comes across would be amazing. Also any general thoughts on the OC so far and just like... your opinions? I would love to know 😊

verses

Hey! Hope this is okay :)

Author Name: verses
Story title and link: The Other Side (m)
Warnings and Advisories:  Consent Issues (Mild/Moderate), Derogatory Language, Eating Disorders, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence
Genre: drama, general, romance, humour

Length: 11860 in total, first chapter about 1200 words I think :)
Areas of Concern: nothing in particular, just general thoughts thank you :)
Ships: Lily Luna Potter/OC
Summary: 

It's not easy being seventeen, but Lily Potter made it significantly more difficult, in ways including but not limited to chucking half a pint of dragon's blood all over me.

Thank you!

Felpata_Lupin

Hello, B, my darling! Shake-what? :wub:

Would it be okay for me to steal a slot? :P 

I'm not sure if you are up to date with Jimmy or not... if you are, then I would love a review on the first chapter of the sequel - otherwise I'd love a review on Jimmy, wherever you left. :hug:

Story and Author Name, including link: The snake within by Felpata_Lupin

Warnings and Advisories: Mature (Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence)

Genre:  Angst, AU, Drama

Length: Novel - One Chapter and 3118 words so far

Summary: 

A new school year at Hogwarts is starting for the Golden Quartet, and it doesn't look good.

As the Marauders try to pick up the pieces of a damaged friendship and Harry struggles to get used to a new family and a new identity, Neville has to deal with his resentment for a role in the wizarding world that wasn't supposed to be his and discovers that maybe there's a reason if he belongs in Slytherin.

Meanwhile something obscure is crawling, menacing the safety of the students inside the castle...

Ships: James/Lily, Peter/Remus, Sirius/Emmeline, possibly others

Areas of Concern: Would just love to hear your thoughts! :wub:

victoria_anne

All done, sorry about the long wait!

• Thanks 1

quill2parchment

B! I've been meaning to drop here for the absolute longest time & I have no idea what's taken me so long!

Story and Author Name, including link: In this Darkness by quill2parchment 

https://harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?psid=337709&showRestricted
Warnings and Advisories: Rated M
Genre: Romance 
Length: Chapter 25 is 6338 words
Ships: Lily L Potter/OC 
Summary: 
Areas of Concern: I honestly can't remember what was the last chapter I asked you to review but I believe it was chapter 24 - so just any thoughts you may have on chapter 25 & the pacing of the fic in general! :) 

grumpy cat

story and author name, including link: napalm skies by grumpy cat
warnings and advisories: derogatory language, sexual content, substance abuse
genre: angst, drama, romance
length: one shot, 3685 words (it's part of a series about dominique weasley but it can be read standalone)
ships: dominique/oc (quinn jones) and minor dominique/teddy lupin
summary: 

temptation (noun) the wish to do something that you know you should not do

areas of concern: this was a bit of an experiment for me, i tried to keep the same/similar metaphors through all these different scenes (originally it was supposed to be a 5+1 challenge entry but it didn't turn out very 5+1-ey :P ). i also tried really hard to focus on description, with just a bit of dialogue but still to somehow convey all these feelings and relationships that are going on, and to tell a story through internal thoughts, description, through touch and ambience. idk how well i managed it :kris:
current review request count: 1/5

Edited by grumpy cat

LunaStellaCat

Story and Author Name, including link:  LunaStellaCat  Bastard (M)  
Warnings and Advisories: M Language, Suicide, Violence, Hate Speech, Substance Abuse 
Genre: General Harry Potter Fantastic Beasts 
Length: 3,800 Words 
Ships: Perenelle Flamel/ Nicholas Flamel, Albus Dumbledore, Credence, Gellert Grindelwald 
Summary:  Six hundred years is a long time.   Perenelle finds a reason to keep living. 

Areas of Concern: Plot, Characterization,  Description.  I try to respect language here.  Anything would be helpful.  
Current Review Request Count: 1

LunaStellaCat

@victoria_anne:  Apologies.  I cleaned it up and it had to be revalidated.  I can request again, if needed.  Sorry to cause problems. It's on the site now.  

• Like 1

victoria_anne

All done ^_^ 

grumpy cat

i just looooove your reviews :kris:

:ninjavanish:

this is both a prequel and a sequel (i'm weird, i know :P ) to nuclear love

Story and Author Name, including link: echoes of wartime by grumpy cat
Warnings and Advisories: self-harm, substance abuse, violence
Genre: action/adventure, angst, dark/horror, hurt/comfort
Length: 4456 words, oneshot
Ships: none
Summary:
I am a dead person pretending to be alive | alternatively: After the war, Astoria tries to cast a Patronus. Or, three times Astoria tries to cast a Patronus and one time she succeeds.
Areas of Concern: this story deals with a lot of astoria's trauma after the war and how she (mostly unsuccessfully or plain out unhealthily) tries to deal with it. it was both easy and difficult to write because i kinda thrive on angst but then again i worry that there's too much of it. or just too much of...idk, darkness? :kris: it's also the first time i sort of managed to do the 5+1 (3+1) thingie, and idk how the casting of a patronus works in that setting. or if it succeeds in translating her struggles into a manifestation of something magical like a patronus. i'm also not sure how well the final (+1) scene works in the context of the rest of the story?
Current Review Request Count: 1/5

Edited by grumpy cat

MadiMalfoy

Sliding in here too ^_^ 

Story and Author Name, including link: Culture Shock+ by MadiMalfoy
Warnings and Advisories: None
Genre: Fluff, General
Length: 6k one-shot
Ships: Harry Potter/Hermione Granger
Summary: New Minister of Magic Hermione Granger has plans to shake things up at the Ministry with reforms she campaigned for, but what kind of resistance will these ideals bring about? 
Areas of Concern: Does the interspersion of newspaper articles/internal memos with narrative story flow well? How do you like my characterizations? Any general thoughts and comments you have too is much appreciated :) 
Current Review Request Count: 1/5 

Bunbury

Bianca! I know it's been a while, but I really loved your reviews of Inheritance Chs 1-2 and was wondering if I could request for Ch 3 :wub:

Story and AuthorInheritance [M] by Bunbury

Warnings and Advisories: Derogatory Language, Domestic Abuse, Hate Speech, Violence

Genre: Mystery, Horror, Drama, Humour, Romance 

Length: Ch 3 is about 5800 words

Ships: Snape/OC

Summary: Phaedra Morley leads a quiet, private life, working at a Diagon Alley apothecary and looking after her infirm mother. But Phaedra has a secret, and now she must retrace her father's footsteps through the Dark Arts and find out what he was working on when he disappeared in the wake of Voldemort's fall. Along the way she enlists the help of a feckless bookseller and -- much to his displeasure -- Severus Snape. 

A story of death, madness, haunted houses, true friends, and Cockroach Clusters. 

Areas of Concern: Just your thoughts! 

Current Review Request Count: 2/5

Lost_Robin

First time I've ever requested a review! I was wondering if I could just request a review of the first chapter.

Story and Author: Iris albicans by lostrobin

Warnings and Advisories: None

Genre: AU, General

Length: Chapter 1 is 1561 words

Ships: None

Summary: Iris is excited to start her first year at Hogwarts. Her beloved godfather is even teaching. Not even the Dementors can put a damper on her plans to make the most of Hogwarts' library. But what secrets will she discover there?

Areas of Concern: Just curious what you think of it! Feel free to be as honest as you like!

Current Review Request Count: 3/5

Noelle Zingarella

Hi Bianca! I was wondering if you would mind coming back around to my main WIP?

Story and Author Name, including link: Moonlight by Noelle Zingarella Chapter 3 (M)
Warnings and Advisories:  Consent Issues (Mild/Moderate), Derogatory Language, Domestic Abuse, Hate Speech, Sexual Content, Spoilers, Substance Abuse, Violence
Genre: Action/Adventure, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Length: Novel; Chapter 3 is 2452 words
Ships: Snape/OC
Summary: A Comedy of Errors about an Unstoppable Force meeting an Immovable Object

Areas of Concern: Your thoughts :) Particularly about the way that Severus's and Miranda's characters bounce off each other and anything else that crosses your mind.
Current Review Request Count: 2/5 

MrsDarcy

Hey! I was hoping, maybe, I could request a review :d

Story and Author Name: Until the Sun Falls  chapter 1 by MrsDarcy
Warnings and Advisories: derogatory language, hate speech, sexual content, mild violence, gross scenes with blood but without violence 
Genre: drama, romance, action/adventure 
Length: 3384
Ships: Remus/OC
Summary: shortly put, it's the unconventional hero's journey of former tea-waitress Anne Clarke

Areas of concern: just your thoughts ^_^ 

dreamshadow

Sliding in here for the first time in a loooong time 😊

Story and Author Name, including link: Unforgivable (T) by dreamshadow
Warnings and Advisories: implied violence
Genre: angst, drama
Length: 5,796
Ships: none
Summary: In the wake of the Second Wizarding War, Astoria Greengrass struggles with her relationship with her father.
 Areas of Concern: Primarily characterization -- this is my first ever attempt at Astoria, so I'm wondering how she comes off; how she fits into (or not) her family, and her relationship with Draco. Also any thoughts on the flow, general writing, and anything else you want to share ❤️ 

Felpata_Lupin

May I? :$ 

Story and Author Name, including link: All the truth about Jimmy Portman by Felpata_Lupin
Warnings and Advisories: Consent Issues (Mild/Moderate), Domestic Abuse, Sexual Content, Substance Abuse, Violence
Genre: Angst, AU, Drama
Length: 36 chapters and 104924 words
Ships: Remus/Peter, James/Lily
Summary: 

Destiny is the result of people's choices. And any single choice can change it completely.

In this AU the Marauders are still alive and free (more or less...), Neville Longbottom is the guy with the scar, and Harry... Well, just read and find out!

Areas of Concern: shake-what? :P :wub:
Current Review Request Count: 1/5