Welcome to FanficTalk

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in events, challenges, discussions, and review swaps - or even just play games!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

FanficTalk has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • we're very excited to announce our new name: fanfictalk!
  • welcome to the new house cup year!
  • jump into the prefects' game of battleship!
Sign in to follow this  
magicspacehole

intro/outro~

magicspacehole

Hello. Magicspacehole here. Call me Hole. Or hole. Or whatever you want. 

Anyway, glad to be here. I'm 33, from the US, and an avid fanfiction writer. I've been writing for about 16 years, which I guess is half my life, so that's cool. I have exactly one follower on Twitter, so I guess you could say I'm "with it" when it comes to modern trends. (Granted, that follower is this site. Thanks guys!)

Fair warning, I spit out a lot of cynical and dark humor. Not sure why. 

I've been an HP fan since 1999. Other fandoms include the MCU, Doctor Who, Lucifer, Good Omens, Hitchhiker's Guide (yes, a fandom still exists), a distant echo of Supernatural, and Faction Paradox (you do not know what the Faction is and you will not ask).

I'm about 90% writer and 10% reader, but I beta and am always willing to read and review. For HP I mostly write humor fics, which tend to come from Reddit prompts. Buuut I also write a lot about Tom Riddle, because I am bound and determined to complete an entire 7-book history on that idiot. Other favorite topics include Dumbledore, magical theory, holes in canon, missing scenes, canon compliant stuff (which 99% of my writing is), and wizard/muggle politics. I'm probably the only one, but meh. 

I'm about as Slytherin as it gets minus the, you know, being rich thing. Every test I've ever taken has put me squarely in snake territory. So yeah. Hi!

• Like 5
  • Slytherin 2

RonsGirlFriday

Hi! Welcome to the site; I'm glad you found us. I feel you on the Twitter thing -- getting back into fanfiction for me included an awkward journey into social media platforms I had successfully been avoiding for decades 😆 like Twitter and tumblr.

7 hours ago, magicspacehole said:

Other favorite topics include Dumbledore, magical theory, holes in canon, missing scenes, canon compliant stuff (which 99% of my writing is), and wizard/muggle politics.

I love all of this and look forward to reading your work. I tend to stay in the canon compliant zone myself, or at least... canon adjacent. How far are you into your Riddle project?

-- Melanie

crowsb4bros

Hi and welcome! ❤️ I'm a Tom Riddle enthusiast as well! :) I'd love to read some of your stories! You have excellent taste in fandoms! 

victoria_anne

Hello! Welcome to HPFT! 🤗 I hope you enjoy your time with the snakey-snakes 🐍 I'm a HUGE fan of Tom Riddle fics so I'm very excited to read yours 😍 If you ever want to read any, @Aphoride writes Tom super well!

magicspacehole

Thanks, all! Good to see so many Riddle fans. I'll try to get my current work up as soon as I figure stuff out :)

I'm still learning the forum mechanics, so I'll just reply without quoting: 

- For my Riddle project I have all 7 books named and general plot for each, but as far as actually writing... I keep picking random scenes here and there to write, all over the timeline. So yeah. Not even close to done. 

- I'll take a look at @Aphoride's work! 

- how make snek emoji?? how??

• Like 1

MuggleMaybe
On 9/15/2020 at 7:18 AM, magicspacehole said:

- how make snek emoji?? how??

Hi! Nice to meet you :)  I'm Renee - I'm one of the forum moderators here. Please reach out if you ever want to chat or have questions about FFT! 

If you click on the smiley face in the toolbar over the response window, it will give you a whole bunch of emojis you can add by clicking on them. Or, for the snake you can do : snake : to get 🐍  (without the spaces)

You may also be interested in : slytherin :  --> :slytherin: and : slytherincrest : -->:slytherincrest:

magicspacehole

Thanks, Renee! 🐍

Sign in to follow this