Welcome to HPFT

We are a multi-fandom/original fiction community with roots in the Harry Potter fandom community. We strive to maintain a strong focus on author feedback and inclusive writing. Here on the forums, you can join a house and participate in House Cup events, participate in writing challenges, play games, and much more!

Join the Forums

Check out the Archives

HPFT has a moderated multi-fandom/original fiction archive with an unlimited queue. There you can post your writing, as well as read and review other members' writing. Be sure to stop by and check out our latest featured stories!

Join the Archives

Find us on Social Media

HPFT is active on social media. You can find us and many members busily tweeting on Twitter, join us for livestreams on YouTube, check out aesthetics on Instagram, get sneak peeks on Snapchat, and interact on Tumblr! All our social media links can be found below.

News Ticker
  • Happy Pride month! <3
  • Congratulations to all of our house award winners!
  • Minister Fenley is embroiled in scandal. Will her career survive?
WriteYourHeartOut

Cursed Child Casting

WriteYourHeartOut

What do you think of the casting choices for Cursed Child??

Personally, I am beyond excited about Noma Dumezweni being cast as Hermione. Not only do I love the decision to have a POC Hermione, but Noma Dumezweni won an Olivier Award for the role she played in A Raisin in the Sun. I think she's going to brilliant, and I wish so badly I could see her live!

How about you guys? Who are you excited about? Who do you think was miscast? ^.^

Ineke

Having seen the show i can simply say the casting is absolutely perfect and on point. Harry is honestly like book harry and the rest is absolutely perfect too

nott theodore

I'm not going to be watching the play until January next year, but all I've heard about it so far is brilliant (I'm deliberately avoiding spoilers until the script comes out later this month), including the reviews on the acting. 

I haven't seen much theatre, and I think that the majority of the actors involved are theatre actors, so I don't really have any preconceptions of what they'll be like, but I honestly believe that they've chosen the best actors for the roles and I'm so excited to see them in it.  I'm really looking forward to seeing Noma Dumezweni as Hermione, too - I think it's a great decision to include more diverse representation in the HP world and I've heard brilliant things about her as an actress, too.

I've also seen Sam Clemmett (Albus) in a TV show and I can imagine that he'll play the role really well.  The "family" cast photos have made me really excited too - I can't wait to go and see it!

victoria_anne

I've just seen Part 1, and I am not disappointed. I feel like that's them right in front of me, no question about it. When I first saw the photos, Albus was the only one I was really happy with, and it was the Golden Trio I was most worried about - it's so late to introduce a new Harry, Ron and Hermione into our lives. But they are perfect, absolutely perfect. It's very different to see photos and then see them on the stage (I still can't believe my luck to be able to see it!), so yeah, they're truly amazing matches!

hedwig1751

I've just been to see Part 1 too (Part 2 next week) and I am just in awe of how talented these people are!! Albus really struck me as an annoyed, insecure, angsty yet lovable teenager and Scorpius. Cracked. Me. Up. So. Bad. His voice ??? and the relationship between him and Rose is hilarious!!

I think the Golden Trio were as amazing as ever, Harry being a very angsty father (what's with male Potter angst?) and Ginny being such a strong character made me really happy :)

Ron is HILARIOUS and the Romione love is ADORABLE (as a strong Romione shipper right here).

They were all such strong actors and I'm really looking forward to Part 2!! :D

RoRoWeasley

It is Cursed Child London Cast Change today! It's the final performances of Year 3 and Year 4 begins on Wednesday.

I have a lot of emotions right now and I've shed a lot of tears and fangirled a lot on Twitter with fans who are actually there today. I'm sad to say farewell to the cast members I saw in November, but ecstatic that I will still see some of them again as a few are staying on for Year 4! Cast 3 are my first cast and so they will always have a special place in my heart. However, I am also super excited to see what Cast 4 brings too! I'm back in London in October and I'm counting down the days!! :D 

• Like 1

Recent Badges

Ineke

Can I just say that I am proud of myself for only crying at the part I actually always cry on? Maybe it was because it was my third cast change but...

CAN I JUST SAY THAT THE NEW CAST IS PHENOMENAL AND SOME OF THEM HAVE ALREADY LAUNCHED THEMSELVES TO THE TOP OF MY FAVES LIST AFTER THEIR FIRST PERFORMANCE?

And I am back in 2.5 weeks!